Get a list of the contacts in your Outlook address book
Saving a copy of contacts in your address book is a good practice. In Outlook 2013 or Outlook 2016 for Windows, you can download a comma-separated value (.csv) file of your contacts to your device and open it in Excel.
- Open Outlook, choose File > Open & Export > Import/Export.
- In the Import and Export Wizard, choose Export to a file > Next.
- Choose Comma Separated Values and then, on the Export to a File page, choose Contacts as the folder to export from for your account.
Important: Before proceeding, make sure the Contacts folder you choose is attached to your email account. This is especially important if you’re carrying out these steps from another person’s computer.
- Choose Next > Browse, and then go to the location where you want to store the comma-separate values (.csv) file.
- Type a file name, and then choose OK > Next.
- Choose Finish to start the export process.
Note: Outlook doesn’t display a message when the export process is complete.
Open your contact .csv file
The comma-separated value (.csv) file of your exported contacts typically is opened in Excel.
- Browse to the location where you saved the .csv file and open it.
- Confirm your contacts are listed in the file.
Note: There might be empty cells. It’s normal.
Close the file without making any changes to avoid potential problems importing the file on a different device that has the same version of Outlook or a different email service.